Monday, December 26, 2022

Heroes by Stephen Fry

I've stepped away from reading about ancient Greece since returning from our trip there a few months ago.  I needed a bit of a palate cleanse.

But I had a few sections of this book still to finish, which I had begun before our trip.  And after the three month break I have to say it was simply wonderful to finish this fantastic book.  

I'm reminded once again that classical history is simply my favorite topic to explore.  I will always read and study other topics, especially in advance of major trips overseas.  But I do believe that ancient Greek and Roman history will continue to by my favorite topics to the end.

And I think I need to read all of Fry's books, perhaps even his fiction.  His interpretations of the ancient myths are vivid, refreshing and funny.  

I can't get enough of them.

No comments: